Ohhhh, where do I begin?!? The past month has been filled with an amazing mix of Spain and France, France and Spain. I have a lot to reflect on, too much to be thankful for and even more to write about. So, in the next week, I will be posting a lot of updates and pictures reviewing my time in this area of Europe.
I have purposefully been away from the computer for about a month, which has been great! It was pretty easy because I was mostly in the middle of nowhere Spain or France with little or no WIFI (WeeeeeFeeeeee). I also left my computer with a stranger in Pamplona for two weeks. Haha, um, seriously. Hopefully I have a fast connection at my next stop so I can upload all of the fun stories and photos. Until then, below is a review of what I have been up to:
- Flew from Perth to Qatar to Madrid
- Took a train to Pamplona
- Walked for two weeks on the Camino de Santiago from Pamplona through → Puente La Reina → Lorca → Estella → Los Arcos → Viana → Navarrette → Nájera → Granon → Belorado → San Juan De Ortega → Burgos
- Stopped in Burgos for two nights
- Rented a car – a Fiat Punto A.K.A.: Puto
- Drove to Santander for two nights
- Picked up friends in Carrión de los Condes
- Drove back to Pamplona to drop one person off at the airport and pickup big bag from the stanger’s house
- Drove to France to stay at a friend’s house (château)
- Drove to San Sebastián to drop off a friend at Spanish school and stayed for a night
- Drove back to friend’s château in Pujols-sur-Ciron, France
- Went on day trips in France to Bordeaux (twice) → Cadillac → Bazas → Arcachon → Podensac
- Dropped a friend at Bordeaux airport
- Drove to San Sebastián to pickup friend from Spanish class then drove straight to Madrid
- Stayed the night in Móstoles (outside of Madrid)
- Went to the MXGP of Spain motocross race in Talavera de la Reina
- Drove back to Madrid and stayed the night near the airport
- Returned Puto
- Ate two chocolate croissants and drank two cafés
Now, I am back to my solo traveling ways at the Madrid airport waiting for my plane to: Italy!
a) How is this still my life right now?
b) How many bocadillos did I really consume and was that safe?
c) Should I learn Spanish or French or Italian?
d) How was I so lucky to have had such generous/funny/sweet traveling companions?
How are you?